Home > Summer Camps > Chamber Music
2012 Chamber Music Summer Camp
Come and enjoy an enriching experience in chamber music!
For musicians that have completed 6th grade and above
Each Session Features:
- Students may sign up individually or as an established group. Groups will be guaranteed to stay together for one of the two ensembles. Individuals will be placed in appropriate ensembles
- 2 chamber ensembles: Each student in the camp is assigned two ensembles (playing different music). Each ensemble has time with a coach and uncoached rehearsal time daily.
- Daily structured recreation: We all need downtime in order to rejuvenate our minds and bodies and prepare us for the focus required for playing chamber music.
- If there is enough interest, we may offer a jazz track for one ensemble per interested student.
- Students may register for one or both sessions. Students who register for both will have different music assignments at each session.
- Performance suitable for inviting family and friends to hear what you have been working on all week.
- Recording for family and friends of the final performance.
Your Coach will provide:
- Guidance to improve overall performance
- Counsel regarding stage presence
- Help with music selection
- Guidelines for practice strategies and rehearsal planning for small ensembles
For any orchestral instrument or piano:
- Improve your rhythm
- Learn to play your part well while everyone else plays something different
- Improve your sense of pitch
- Learn strategies to build unity within a group
Musicians who have completed 6th-12th grades
- Enrollment is limited to 50 students each week.
- $185 + $30 registration
Session I: June 11-June 15, 9am-4pm daily - Registration Closed
- Session II: July 16-July 20, 9am-4pm daily
- Session I: Friday, June 15, 7:00pm
- Session II: Friday, July 20, 7:00pm
Download Registration Form
Chamber Music Summer Camp Registration Form